I want to...
- Connect ideas | Make leaps of insights | Think conceptually
- Develop ideas | Think laterally | Broaden my perspective | Gain clarity
- Refraction Thinking | Nick's custom prompts for note-making
- Sensemaker's Toolkit
- Define a problem | Solve a problem | Gain clarity
- Levels of Magnification
- OODA Loop | Munger's Mental Models
- Meditate | Slow down | Reset
- Meditation Jaunts — A joyful sequence of various meditations to bounce between during a single 20-minute session.
- Meditation sequences - 3-minute jaunts
I want to...
- Use my imagination | Train the mind | Practice mindfulness
- Mind Palaces — Mnemonic device
- Mind Training — Imagination Practices #on/Mind/Training
- Mindfulness Practice
- Think critically | Think analytically
- Practice creativity | Creatively express an idea | Enrich my thinking
- Thought Enriching — Thinking creatively and expressively.
- Metaphor Making — List of worlds ripe for metaphors
- Word Excursion — Pick up the thesaurus and float around.
- FlowCreation MOC
- Habits MOC
Let's define some overlapping conceptual categories:
- 📝 Concepts MOC|Concepts: A concept is a pattern, truth, or mechanism recognized and given a name.
- Mental Models are specific readily-available patterns or mechanisms that—when applied to a current situation or thing—allow for efficient, optimal action. Great for strategic agency and in-the-moment adaptability.
- Metaphors are primarily for relating unlike things. Great for creative expression and a means unto itself.
- Refraction Thinking are primarily for broadening perspective and deepening understanding. Great for reviewing, planning, empathizing, and meditating.